English Language Arts
- Educators build appropriate, authentic relationships and value students as an integral part of the learning process.
- Educators are supported by leadership to advocate for the needs of each child and every program.
- Educators value collaboration to foster growth, continually moving towards mastery.
- Educators understand content in isolation is not important. An educator’s knowledge of standards and life skills fuel the intentional design of relevant, meaningful learning experiences to positively impact students beyond graduation.
- Educators foster a mutual partnership between the parents, community, and school to support each child, every day.
The English Department is to provide excellent teaching, research, and service learning which develop students' literary comprehension, creative and critical thinking, and writing and communication skills in a range of diverse intellectual and cultural traditions.
The English Department is committed to fostering student growth and welcoming professional growth.
As an English department, our goals are to:
- Promote student growth in reading and writing through purposeful feedback to ensure success today and beyond high school.
- Cultivate a safe classroom culture through modeling and celebrating positive behavior.