Student Expectations and Guidelines
STUDENT DRESS CODE
The Student dress code will be strictly enforced. Students will not be permitted to possess jackets or sweaters with hoods on campus. Students must adhere to the color regulation on all items. Students who wear or bring unauthorized items, such as large purses, hats, hoodies, flip flops, large earrings, etc. will have these items confiscated. They will be returned at the end of the semester of if a parent picks up the item.
NON-EDUCATIONAL PERSONAL ITEMS MUST BE LEFT AT HOME.
STOLEN or MISPLACED ITEMS CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE REPLACED.
Click here to view Secondary Dress Code standards.
- ID’s must be visible and worn at all times, NOT IN PURSE OR POCKET.
- Temp IDs - $1.00 to 3.00 each, and sold at the main office. Replacement ID’s are $8.00
- Repeated ID violations and false ID’s will result in disciplinary action.
- IDs must be turned in when a student withdraws from school, is suspended, or is assigned to PAAC. If it is not returned, a $5.00 fee will be assessed.
Students MUST NOT LEAVE CAMPUS once dropped off by bus or parent.
Students must CHECK-OUT with Attendance when leaving campus with parent and /or parent permission.
Absent notes from parents or doctors are due within 3 days. Failure to comply can result in court referrals.
CELL PHONES AND ELECTRONICS
CELL PHONES ARE PROHIBITED from use in classrooms or the school building during daily operations.
If a staff member sees or hears a phone, it will be taken and returned ONLY on Friday for a fee of $15.
Phones are given to the receptionist and can only be returned to a legal parent or guardian. Teachers are expected to enforce this policy.
ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE PROHIBITED from use in classrooms or the school building during daily operations. If a staff member sees any electronic device, it will be taken and returned ONLY on Friday for a fee of $15. Electronic devices are given to the receptionist and can only be returned to a legal parent or guardian. Teachers are expected to enforce this policy.
- Follow MHS/PAISD rules and dress code
- Follow PAISD Student Code of Conduct
- Remain in designated areas at all times
- Beware of tardy policies
- Snacks, cell phones, electronics, unlawful, or disruptive items are not permitted.
- Report any/all sexual harassment issues.
- Report on time with materials/assignments.
- Be in your seat when the tardy bell rings.
- Complete all assignments as directed.
- Attend all classes.
- Cheating in any manner is prohibited.
- Listen when others are talking.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to self.
- Don’t fight or disrupt class.
- Don’t curse, tease, falsely accuse.
- Don’t bully others in person or via web.
- Speak respectfully without vulgarity.
- Don’t make sexual or gang gestures.
- Respect teachers, staff, and peers.